Friday, August 26, 2011

Wales is not always wet...

The sun has shone upon me for three days, it is as if I have brought it with me. I began on Tuesday leaving wet London behind me for a day trip to Wales. When I arrived the coast of north Wales was bleached by sunlight. The white and palest pastel houses of Llandudno smiled towards the blue sea. The winter winds and the salt air eat those facades, it is better not too look too closely.

from the beach at Llandudno
 Far from the palm-framed promenade on the faint horizon a wind farm reflects the light, the blades continually rotating like crazed stick men animations.
the promenade
I visited the Mostyn gallery, originally begun by Lady Mostyn in 1901 to exhibit the work of women artists and now expanded into a even lovelier space by Dominic Williams.I'd seen it on television but it was better in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment