Monday, September 20, 2010

K Rock

Foolishly I listened to a forecast last night predicting rain. Today became a day of administration in Deer Lake as a result. It is a 2 hour return journey. It takes me from the South Arm of Bonne Bay through the hills to Deer Lake. It is imperceptible from the photograph but the colours are just beginning to turn. I wanted to capture the kilometres of tree-lined road I drive. Today like vivid traffic lights there would be spots of pure orange from rusting ferns and sudden deep maroon-red bushes amongst the green. 

I've started driving with the radio on. I only get reception for one channel and that depends on the mountains, it is: Western Newfoundland Classic Rock, K Rock. I have been practicing to say that with a Newfie accent but have failed so far. It took until Deer Lake when they played something I recognised and I sang along with the greatest gusto knowing I would be unheard.

No comments:

Post a Comment