Saturday, September 11, 2010

silver grey

Today I lost my view, it disappeared to silver grey and the sky and hills dissolved into each other. It hasn't stopped rainning all day, so I stayed indoors making pieces about rain. It would have been a sad day if I hadn't had such a lovely evening. I went to a pot luck supper held in my honour, I was really touched and really well fed. I've learnt that Newfoundland is hiding a large number of gifted cooks.

The rain makes me think of something more odd that I learnt recently: Newfoundland has no native earthworms, all the worms it has are imported. This was a day that brings joy to earthworms and I expect to see them cavorting with pleasure. Tomorrow I am hoping for sunshine as predicted but I am growing into the rhythm of this place and I will read the clouds, feel the wind direction and make a guess...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment