Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cow Head

Today was an explosion of sunshine. I left Woody Point for Cow Head and there was barely a cloud between them. I spent the evening on the lighthouse trail. I was cushioned by pine needles while walking through the comfortable scent of balsam fir, to reach the rocks on the beach below. 
 The strange formations are a result of ancient underground landslides...
All over the Park there are divided graveyards. It is clearly marked in Cow Head. The society feels intergrated here and this seems incongruous. I'm not sure I would want to be labelled in the afterlife.
 
The cemetries are both on the peninsular. A tiny causeway links them to the town. A huge refridgerated fish truck nearly took me off the road as it hurtled towards a dock behind me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment