Friday, September 10, 2010

thin, fine rain

Glowing light cloud and thin fine rain that permeates everywhere. I set off for an afternoon tree drawing session and realised it wasn't going to work, the paper would get just too soggy. This morning the forecaster's threat of a 100% precipation seemed a little too arrogant and I was pleased his glee last night would be tempered by the peeking blue sky.


Today was bin day. I had to put my rubbish in the animal-proof box and the men came to collect it in a small pickup with fenced edges, by the time they reached the old people's home down below here they were jumping on the top to squash the bags down. I love the difference to home: in Amsterdam we worry about identity theft and small crews of dubious people cruise rubbish bags on bin night, here we worry about bears snacking on refuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment