Wednesday, September 15, 2010

tides, serenades and vegetables

It didn't rain, the low tide is at a very convenient time right now so I spent the day drawing. I'm working on this amazing rock outcrop at Green Point it has chert, shale and limestone veining.  I am completely absorbed and have to be very careful with the incoming tide, gurgling sounds mean I need to leave rapidly.

On my way back I dropped into the visitor's centre at Lobster Cove Head, I love the light house plus I like chatting to the woman in charge there. A lot of people do and one of the Park's work crew dropped in before they went home. He saw her guitar resting in the corner and he picked it up and sang a ballad from the Cape Shore to us. I am still feeling the glow of the song. I think I would like to be serenaded more often, it is a beautiful way to end the day.

I came home and picked red cloverflowers, I've learnt it makes very good tea. Afterwards I will settle down with dinner of left-over moose stew. I went to dinner with friends and was sent home with a delicious doggie bag. I discovered that for real vegetables I need to contact a local person who will surrepticiously sell some to me. Most people grow their own vegetables, the store bought ones are not always so tasty.  
the view above Green Point
With all this driving in the hills I saw my first moose a few days ago, I was hoping I would. It appeared like a brown shadow from the trees. On Monday I saw a caribou so busy chasing his potential girlfriend that he had no thought for the road or passing cars. Today I saw that the accidents involving moose had gone up to 26 this season. That was one more in the last two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment